Home : Pindexes
This page has been censored for your viewing pleasure. Q is
Geppetto; 008 is Pinocchio. Bold signifies inactive links;
underlined text is a link.
- abbreviation for Pinocchio; the 8 is "ocho" in
the Spanish spelling "Pinocho."
- All I wanna do
- is have some fun, sang Sheryl Crow. There
exist alternate lyrics, inspired by Wal*Marts
refusal to carry her album:
All I wanna do is buy a gun,
Get it at Wal*Mart; I might wanna shoot someone.
All I wanna do is buy a gun.
I got a feeling Im not the only one.
All I wanna do is buy a gun,
And if they dont like it they can shove it up
Santa Monica Boulevard.
- Breathe Right
- Drug-free nasal strips for fixing many breathing problems
including sniffling and snoring.
- bug bug
- Sometimes, Pinocchios cricket is drawn with only
four limbs instead of the six that all insects (including
crickets) are born with. Is the cricket an amputee?
- A video game from Taito in which you have to use the laws
of billiard physics to knock three balls of the same
color together. In Japan, this game was called Puzzle
- Carving 008 a girlfriend
- Pinocchios girlfriend is mentioned in New Line,
Christmas, and Emperor of the Night.
- Dry land
- is what everybody was looking for in Kevin Costners
megaflop movie Waterworld.
- Volkswagen at one time used as its ad slogan Fahrvergnügen,
which meant fun to drïve. This inspired T-shirts
such as Farfromnörmal, Farfromsöber,
- Father Figure
- A song by George Michael that parallels much of the
- Geppetto's cat was called Figaro in Disney and Nina in
New Line but was not mentioned in the original novel.
- Collodi called him Fire-eater. So did Rankin-Bass. Disney
called him Stromboli; New Line called him Lorenzini, a
strange dig at the author himself.
- Forget hes wood
- Often, the writers screw up and write parts of the action
as if Pinocchio were made of material the same density as
flesh. Let's face it; pine floats. As the Foo Fighters
- Fox and Katt
- The two villains were called Fox and Cat in the original
novel and Honest John and Gideon in Disney. Fox and Katt
is an alternate spelling from Star Fox 64. See Pinocchio Kart 64.
- Liar Liar
- A movie with Jim Carrey that has nothing to do with
- man in the mirror
- A song by Michael Jackson; the title implies that if you
want to change the world, start with yourself.
- Monstro the whale
- In Collodis original book, it was not a whale but a
- Music video
- Why do characters sing in movies? Maybe it's because they
think the world is one giant music video.
- Prince of Persia
- was the first computer game to support grabbing onto a
ledge with the character's arms and pulling oneself up.
- Q is the man who gives gadgets to James Bond. But he
looks like Malcolm Geppetto Baldini, the "father"
of the puppet.
- Randy Taylor: A real boy more wooden than the puppet?
- Looks like New Line's Pinocchio because they were both
played by Jonathan Taylor Thomas, one of the worst actors
in movies, even though he was thought to be a hunk until
Leonardo DiCrappio came around.
Wooden is how
some critics described Jonathan Taylor Thomass
performance in The Adventures of
- Teach the world
- "...to throw the liars in the fires" is the
commonly misheard version of a line from Smash Mouths
"Walkin on the Sun," but it tends to
apply in some weird way to Pinocchio.
- Terra Magica, Pleasure Island, etc.
- They all mean the same thing, an amusement park that
exists solely for the purpose of turning boys into
- The track
- When I walked out of the movie theater after watching New
Line, a song stuck in my head. It was the one where all
the boys were skipping to school.
- tries to be Bond
- My name is Bond. James Bond. When a character
introduces himself by his last name and then gives his
full name. My name is Lampwick. Romeo Lampwick.
- The Truman Show
- Jim Carrey doesnt know that he is the star of a
television show and that all the people around him are
actors, given their lines by two-way radio.
- In animated motion pictures, a lead animator draws "key"
frames, and then the tweeners draw the in-between frames.
Sometimes, the tweeners screw up, and the continuity
checkers miss the error. Nearly the same thing can happen
in the ink and paint (coloring) department. Sometimes, its
just cartoon physics, a course which is not (to my
knowledge) offered at any school, not even the best
engineering school in the U.S.
- Used as a fictitious credit card anywhere Visa would
constitute infringement. It's also the second half of the
name of a search
engine and the second half of the name of Disneys
distribution company, Buena Vista.
- white rain
- It can be either snow or a brand of shampoo.
- Is it an operating
system or are they glass panels through which to look?
- (end of glossary)